Monday, February 23, 2015

Dynamite

Incredible how I've let time slip through my fingers.

Last year I was wailing over how Fourthborn was literally taking her own sweet time to meet the world.

And now we're gearing up for her 1st birthday.

This one's for you, Qi.When you grow up and read this, I hope you'll realise the torture you've put as all through.

But we all still love you to bits.

Yes, even when you're totally unreasonable and wake up 3 times in the middle of the night to nurse. And thank you for allowing me at least 3-4 hours sleep everyday. I should be so grateful.

Dynamite

I'm a pint-sized firecracker who doesn't like much to sleep
And this makes my poor caregivers pull their hair and resignedly weep

I'm super duper picky over my caregivers too
Not any Tom, Dick, Harry, Lisa, Mary or Jane will do

There's a priority list of who I fancy
Daddy, Mummy, Big Sis - and that's pretty much for me

I don't like to drink from cups or bottles 'cos I prefer it straight from Mummy
And I'd rather wait to drink from the source even when my tummy's rumbly

True, I may be at the bottom 25% in size and weight
But try messing with me and you'll realise too late

I'm not to be trifled with 'cos I've a nasty temper
And my cranky tantrums are ear-piercing sessions to remember

You may wonder how I get so much energy despite my seemingly poor appetite
Here's my secret: I recharge by snacking on powerbanks and wires 'cos I'm a super dynamite!

My little Dynamite
Teo Yuan Ching
22 February 2015

Copyright © 2015 Teo Yuan Ching

1 comment:

Kenshin NG said...

Kids grow up so fast ☺ happy bday in advance to Qi!